PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should i Chase my dream and carry on my training
Old 13th May 2012, 17:13
RTN11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i may aswell get my frozen atpl
How can you be so casual about it? This is the biggest decision you will ever make.

So far you have your PPL, built 30 hours post PPL, and have paid £200 for a class one. All in all, that's no more than £10k.

You're now thinking about spending a further £50k or so on the "frozen ATPL" when very few people are hiring low hours people right now. You've got to be pretty sure it's what you want to do. I took the decision, but not lightly, and never once thought "I may aswell".

Once you start training, and it's clear there will be no job, it's very easy to then throw good money after bad to chase the dream, I have seen a lot of people lose out this way.

If it's your only passion, and you are absolutely sure, then go for it. But don't just think "I may aswell!"

Remeber you only have 3 years from the end of the groundschool to complete the CPL and IR or the exams will expire, at current prices (which are only every going up) that's at least £40k