PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Financial Post Article on Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2012, 16:59
Jet Jockey A4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes everything is not perfect at Air Canada but then the same thing can be said about any airline or any other business/company. AC will need to work out all its problems with its employees if they want to survive. Both sides need to sit down and have a long term strategy for it to succeed.

I cannot compare AC to Westjet because I have never used WJ and don’t really care or need to at this point (the non de-icing incident that happened to a professional friend of mine is the reason).

However this said, on domestic flights (within Canada and the USA), I have generally been pleased with the service I get aboard Air Canada’s aircrafts. They are (AC) certainly better than all the US carriers I have flown on for sure! This doesn’t just mean the flying portion of the flight but the whole experience from checking in to after landing if assistance is required.

As an example we need to go to Dallas for recurrent training. Unfortunately there are no direct flights between Montreal and Dallas on AC (something they need to look at). We need to use American Airlines and although good in general they are not as good as Air Canada IMHO, especially when a round trip ticket in business class can be as high as $6000!

At least with AC you are entitled to the Maple Leaf lounge no matter where you fly when you buy a business class ticket. Well believe it or not at American even if you pay $6000 for a round trip fare from Montreal to Dallas you are not allowed to use their Admiral’s Club! Their excuse “you are not going to Asia”… Really! Now I may take AC even if it means going through the centre of the universe; Toronto! God I despise Pearson!

On international flights to Europe, they (AC) have been very, very good! On flights to Asia they were excellent! BTW I also flew on some of the Asian airlines while in that part of the world (Singapore Airlines to name one) and although the service was also great and the girls let’s face it were very pretty, I don’t think I would fly to and from Asia on them preferring to stick with AC.

My $0.02.

Last edited by Jet Jockey A4; 14th May 2012 at 00:28.