PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2012, 11:49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CP's: can expect between 70% and 75% of their income
Captains can expect what they like. What they will actually get is nearer to 50%. Only when expenses are submitted will the retention improve slightly, but you have already spent that money.

Now take off pension, LOL, life insurance, sick pay, uniform, medical, sim etc etc, and the crap euro exchange, and it's not so rosy.

4 pages of briefing for departure and 3 pages for arrival (Boeing: 1 page) and a 181 page(!) SOP manual. And it's all got to be done every time, and no, there's no official shorthand way of doing it "on the line" as earlier stated.

More money lost when you go N/A because you missed a couple of radio calls, or forgot to shut a security door behind you, or busted a noise route, or crashed the aircraft. I am not being flippant here, there is no prioritisation of naughtiness, a violation is a violation.

I have worked at many airlines, unlike most of the guys who seem resigned to their RYR fate, and what is missing is the mix of words like "must", "should", "normally", and the dreaded "airmanship".

I got out, and haven't looked back, even if I do miss the shiny new aircraft, and working with some good people (once the door is closed).

Still, there's good people everywhere, and those aircraft will get less shiny as the next few years go by...