PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook pilot v RAF Movers
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2012, 20:11
El_Presidente

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think MGD deserves credit here for making some very sensible comments. Oh, and a bigger well done for managing to count past ten (mover) without taking his shoes and socks off (loadie). Next step, front of house (firstly though you need the God complex)!

I am quite perplexed however, by some of the rather emotive rhetoric by some on this thread. We can all be let down at times by our colleagues. If I recall, there are a couple of our finest stick monkeys at EGVO who have their own chair in OC Police Flights office.

I also remember about 10 yrs ago seeing a young DAMO getting stick from a pissed albert mate in the Officers Mess bar at Akrotiri; he'd made the mistake of asking where the loadie was accommodated. Said pissed albert mate: "You're infringing on my rest period, I'm flying in 5 hours now f*ck off"... so it seems we can all let the side down.

Thing is I know from first hand experience that most albert mates are sound; as are most wokka wokka chaps; as are most movers; as are most admin...no, can't go that far...

Last edited by El_Presidente; 12th May 2012 at 20:29.