PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seneca V Crash
Thread: Seneca V Crash
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2012, 17:03
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cldrvr

In that case that one is probably dead in the water.
I could imagine that W would do flights pretending to be the commander while infact using someone more experienced to hold his hand.
I still find it hard to know what went through their minds having an aircraft which when you lean back gives you an increasing time to dry tanks.
An economy cruise setting would give them a TAS and time to dry tanks and the forecast winds a pretty good idea of a groundspeed as well as an accurate ground speed en route from the nav fitted.
It is not rocket science to take a worst scenario and make sure your well covered on fuel.
Sounds like both where a couple of plonkers as for a 13000 hr pilot allowing himself to be lured into a Russian Roulette flight what went through his mind?
Who actually made the descisions enroute. W or Mr 13000? CrazyGEP

As I was accused of knowing W or being somehow connected or associated with him and having my hands soiled as it was put in the other thread!!!
As a Seneca Five expert with over 2500 hrs on the aircraft who was also a demonstrator for Anglo American the main Piper Agents that used to be!!! I am surprised if that connection with Weaver was ever true which it was not that I was not the number 1 choice to have done that ferry with him.

The Seneca five crash was inexcusable for any half reasonable pilot!!!
What a load of rubbish the other Weaver thread SOMETIMES kicks out!

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 12th May 2012 at 20:45.