PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR A320 work load
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2012, 11:46
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyinstig

Many come to Qatar, not because they wanted to, but because they had to in order to continue in a career they had spent many years trying to get into and also to support families. If you have a flying job in your home country and your happy, count yourself very very lucky.

As for me, I have no reason to want to leave right now or in the near future. I could not afford to go back to the UK as I am earning nearly 3 times as much in real terms as I was back there if you take into account not paying tax or housing etc etc etc. Time to command for me here will be about another 2-3 years and at my age, this is important. I am as happen as can be considering all.

At Qatar, you are here to work. If your first question is how much time can I get off or can I commute, then here is not for you.

You original questions

However, i am curious to know if, although much flying, there is a lot of hassle too?

I think you meant is there lots of hassle too? No hassle just hard work as in body clock

In other words, what's the workload really like? As mentioned, its only hard work as in body clock

Multi sector days for a company that is badly organised and has inadequate support is harder than the same flying for a well organised company where everything is done for you! Multi sector days ? If you mean 4 sector days, I maybe only do this once, twice or at most three times a month. You say badly organised ? I have to say, in my opinion, its very organised here and you don't have to do much apart from fly the aircraft.

If you're happy where you are, then I would stay. If your not, there is no reason why you should not come to Qatar unless you are frightened of hard work.

Its your choice.

40&80

You are correct, I try and sleep as much as I can when able LOL

Last edited by Black Pudding; 12th May 2012 at 11:51.