PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2012, 10:30
Windle Poons

The Fresh Start Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh my gosh I've been , as I see that my post regarding possible shift patterns for the 20 hour bases has been removed.

I should like to point out that I took some while and thought before posting, but decided to do so as there are numerous reports, freely available online and including almost all police authority websites, that talk about 20 and 24 hour bases. One goes as far as to say which base in their region is going to be the 24 hour one, and states the others will be 20 hours, giving the staffing levels at each. Another talks about the base in their area reducing to 20 hours from 24, after the introduction of NPAS, even being so helpful as to give the proposed operating hours. I haven't linked to them here in case they're of use to anyone planning anything, even though they can Google it as easily as I did before posting my deleted post.

I agree that POLKA may well have been better to target a specific audience, but my post provided a lot less information than some of the public reports, and I wonder if the specific audience frequent here, or there, more. I took specific care not to mention which bases would be operating 20 hours, or include any of the start and finish times. In light of the information available on the police authority websites, or under an FOI application to the Home Office, I do not see how my post would be of use to anyone planning anything. Yes they might have known the "possible" shift pattern, but that is not of use in planning, as suggested. It's the hours of operation, and which bases operate which hours, that are relevant and the police authorities have covered that!

Sadly TC, with the exception possibly of bowls, at my age it's not often that I'm new to any game, including the game of air ops, which is what I presume you are referring to. If it's of relevance to you, I have over ten years service (almost 3000 hours) on air support, with several units/consortia.

If anyone would like the links to the reports I refer to, or copies of the shift patterns, then please PM me.

WP.

PS. No I haven't actually taken up bowls (yet), although I hear that it can be pretty combative and controversial.

Last edited by Windle Poons; 12th May 2012 at 10:35.