PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which carrier wants a piece of Air Canada...?
Old 12th May 2012, 06:16
Left Coaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NLH...

No sympathy asked for or needed...but I did go back and count the company failures...including the CAIL merge it's 5...and it includes larger carriers that fell under the AC bus (Lots blame the govt for believing the AC lobbyists) And certainly life would have been different if staying in Canada was even an option, which for a big number of expat Canuckleheads, it wasn't. Some are just now heading back for corporate gigs, or that (used to be) KAL commuting job...which has fallen even farther down the list of decent employment than ever before, and the rest are resigned on staying wherever they are. I agree with the thread creep statement, it's what happens when opinions are listened to and when different experiences occur. You are clearly a loyal Canadian, as am I, and we wear our flag proudly. The airline industry is heading in the direction of the shipping industry and Rovenescu and the BoD and shareholders at AC see it as a bonus...we don't...the Sunwing practice of using foreign pilots is now getting the attention it deserves. The airline industry was warned some years back that it would follow the shipping crowd into the "offshoring" maelstrom, and no one paid much attention...except maybe the ME carriers who knew what they wanted and how to get it. My (and your salary) is tax free, can you find a job back home that gives the same amount of disposable income as a tax free income? It's hard to find...The hypenated argument is circular so I think we're both right...The AC slide is just gathering speed and though I really want to see it end well for all the groups...I just don't think it will...stay cool...it's hot out there!