PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI REGIONAL-2
Thread: BMI REGIONAL-2
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2012, 23:55
DomyDom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN routes for new BMI Regional

I must say that in my view dumping Manchester as a regional base because its not Aberdeen or in Scotland would be very short sighted. I would say that keeping MAN as a BMI Regional base would be extremely valuable. Regardless of existing routes by keeping MAN BMI regional would have direct access as connections to Virgin Atlantic, Middle Eastern, Flybe's continental routes, as well as Easyjet, Ryanair, Jet2, Thomsonfly and Thomas Cook Airlines extensive route network, as well as 10 and 4 flights a day to LHR and LGW respectively. Also by expanding at MAN BMI regional woudl have the potentila to be a major player in Europe.

Scotland and the new owners will want to engage with Europe and the rest of the world not retract 'BMIbaby' style. Although Aberdeen may have direct connections with London, given the relative strength of the economy in Manchester and its' highly developed engineering/ technology base in energy/pharma/ chemicals etc, I would would advise cuation before putting all eggs in the ABZ-LHR market. Keep the MAN base and routes is my advice.