PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BASSA Branch Secretary ET Minutes Now in Public Domain
Old 11th May 2012, 22:14
thameslinkboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gone but not forgotten

Just to let everyone know, and to finally put this saga to bed once and for all, Bassa have announced the nominations for the forthcoming elections and thank goodness the current branch secretary is in fact stepping down in July. Hurrah! However, the current chair, who as many of us know resides in Los Angeles? is staying on. There were no other nominees for the chair position. So will there be any changes in the future? By the names who have put themselves forward, I sincerely doubt it. However Bassa has announced several new jobs/positions from July. This include a chief of staff, an industrial director, a deputy industrial director, a principal health and safety officer and an equalities officer. These were jobs/positions that never existed before, and have been filled unapposed by current reps. I really don't know what to say except 🇨🇳!!

It seems the current BS, who as we know was correctly sacked in May 2010 for his (in) actions the previous Xmas, was rewarded in the latest 'deal' done by Unite and BA, by being given compensation to the tune of many 1000's of pounds. Nobody knows the full details, but it was in Len McCluskey's words ' substantial'

To any of us that are maybe an IAG shareholder and/or an employee or pensioner of the airline , I'm sure like me they are totally disgusted to find this is where part of their money has gone. But thats politics for you.

Finally despite many many requests over the years, nobody, members or not, managed to see the infamous accounts that this BS kept to himself. £2 million/year is an awful lot of money to account for. Oh well let's really hope the next BS is a little more open. It surely can't be worse.

Last edited by thameslinkboy; 11th May 2012 at 22:16.