PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prince William and the RAF
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2012, 20:36
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Cake
'...drinking courses at Shawbury.- JOCS or something like that....'

I think you mean the JC&SS course up the road a bit at Ternhill.
Quite right. As I said, I managed to avoid all that cr*p. My visits to that part of the estate have been strictly limited - the first when Shawbury was a Master and the div kit toothpaste we were issued was solid chalk it was so old. Then Pershore and the pubs of Worcester, and 40 years later when I took a load of junk to the RAF Museum.

IIRC that course was aimed at Flt Lt's who, in the case of aircrew, were about to take up a ground job where the abilty to string a sentence together and count to ten was desirable.
Ah, having already done two ground tours, one a Ministry slot, I can see why I was too senior. To try and pick me up in the middle of a third ground tour . . .

I think the ISS course was meant to follow JC&SS.
which I had done the previous tour

It was useful if you needed the ability to write an Op Order in five minutes flat
but they never mentioned NADREX!

or make brilliant decisions (...remember 'Essential' and Desirable' criteria and all that?).
Actually a rather good part of the course. For Golf Clubs read caravan. For MRX read truck. For caravaning wife read long legged blonde.

Now chose.

Last edited by Pontius Navigator; 11th May 2012 at 20:38.