PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2012, 19:36
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Organfreak
I realize that your question is only rhetorical, but I have read recently (but can't remember where, dammit!) Boeing's statement of their FBW design philosophy. It made it clear that they insist upon realistic FC feedback.
The question then becomes, why do they insist on that - given that the realistic feedback is entirely artificial?

I had a pop at answering that question above. I believe it has more to do with corporate philosophy and the need to stake out different ground from their competitors than anything else - plus they weren't in a position to reap the benefit of radically overhauling their control methodology in the way that Airbus were.

@IcePack - there are visual stall warning cues too, including the bright red master caution light going off right in front of you and various cues on the PFD.

(And whatever else you may think of Airbus, they were on the money - going from a distant third in terms of western airliner sales to being able to duke it out with Boeing for the crown on an annual basis.)

Lyman (below) - spelling corrected.

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 11th May 2012 at 20:02.