PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 11th May 2012, 17:21
Roope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had my assessment yesterday. 'thought I'd write a quick briefing of it, if anyone's interested.

CAE guys, captains, everybody really kind, friendly and easy. They really encourage you not to stress, big /respect to them.

HR/Tech interview. Very, very, very easy on the technical side. You won't believe it, but seriously, the only question was on that is "what is a critical engine" and "why is a cessna's wing good for training". end of story. All the others were the HR questions, what did you like about your training, why should we hire you, etc. nothing tricky, just an easy, good chat overall. I've studied my ass off, the whole ATPL, the ACE the tech, my last planes, the Boeing 737, etc. basically for nothing. Dont learn too much really, just vagualy go through Ace.
The others I was with would agree on this.

Sim was also pretty basic stuff. Dublin, rwy 28. Here, I dont use the term "easy" because even a take-off, VOR, go-around and ILS are really hard to do at a decent level if you're not an active B737 pilot imo. It was hard for me anyway, to do them nicely. I could do it, but maintaining good altitude, speeds, bank rates etc. not easy stuff.

They told us we can expect an answer in 7 days.

I hope this helps someone. Good luck, take care.

Last edited by Roope; 11th May 2012 at 17:51.