View Single Post
Old 11th May 2012, 16:55
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone has taken it for granted that BMIRs participation within it is is
coming to an end. Why exactly is this, can they not just apply to stay
on?

JimNich,

Good question, if bmir is going to be run and owned by 2 of Loganair management, and by accounts on here one would sense they are inextricably linked, though I am sure I will promptly be corrected!

Leading from that I would suggest that since bmi name will disappear the major challenge is identity so I would say if they want a future and a marketing or cost effective advertising platform they should follow Loganair into Flybe franchise that is of course they have a new business strategy e.g. going into say charters, wet leases etc. We are all assuming that the airline network will remain as it currently is, maybe it will, but maybe when the new owners get to look at the all the route stats changes may occur.

Sorry I was off point, so if one progresses the ideas from above, one would ask why doesnt flybe join Star or OneWorld? I would suggest mainly because of cost, secondly BE do have interlining deals with airlines at different airports and therefore can largely bypass the 'benefits' of joining an alliance.

I would also guess that most of Bmir's ops are point to point in the main (excluding services previously operated to LHR) therefore not sure they would see a value in the interlining benefits and the other airlines may see little added value from having this new small airline in the alliance.

Just my views of course.

EI-BUD