PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Safety Implications?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2012, 14:50
woptb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A lot of sense being talked. It must be top down,for a number years people talked the talk,but ahaven't accomplished the walk element. I wasn't slating the FAA,its a sound organisation in many respects,but the RAF is leading the way in the process and the FAA is behind the curve.
The RAF was only shaken out of its complacency by the loss of all souls onboard XV230, other elements of Mil aviation do suffer from a sort of pre Haddon Cave torpor.
In some quarters the FAA & Army aviation believe they have nothing to learn,I've experienced this first hand.
One of the biggest issues is a certain level of political resistance between and within each of the services; along the lines of we do it our way because its best.This blinkered approach is devisive/counterproductive.
Ideally the MAA & MAAIB would be completely independant,but there must be a certain level of evolution,if people see it as revolution you won't carry the majority. I've seen this with the introduction of Just Culture & the evolved investigation & reporting process. Many believe they must put their 'own' stamp on it .These political actions dilute & make the systems more difficult to implement,for instance at a basic level the RAF reporting system has undergone three name changes in two & a half years!

Last edited by woptb; 11th May 2012 at 14:51.