PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 11th May 2012, 13:36
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

via Rusty1970 #47; This is largely the least informed debate I have ever read.
Heh, caint have that Rusty1970 - we best inform yer then..

...it is a broken promise for 3 years...
It is not a broken promise, its an outright lie - and it wont last three years..

...It will then be excatly the same as Europe, South Korea and China (yes China) among others have/are implementing. Even the 12th largest economy in the world - California - has one...
Lets have a look-see...

Europe = basket case. Will the euro even survive ?

South Korea = Dunno ?

China = Tell me more about China doin a carbon tax. Do you believe them..

California = Bankrupt. Just how bad... A couple of years ago there were plans for California to sell some parks to pay state employee wages... Business is leaving the state and moving to Texas etc...

...In the meantime, business will do what business always does, they will try and reduce their input costs, so if their carbon intensive inputs are more expensive then they'll try to reduce them...
Yes, more and more business will either send the jobs off shore or close..

...Seriously people, don't believe what the papers say, do a bit of original research...
Anyone who has followed this subject here will know that I've been researching and debating this subject fairly intensly for years now.

In the beginning we had Al Gores carbon scam helped along by green hysteria and it just went down hill from there..... The whole carbon tax/trading is based on corruption.

Via Garth Paltridge, Atmospheric physicist and former Chief Research Scientist CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research -

There is a fair amount of reasonable science behind the global warming debate, but in general, and give or take a religion or two, never has quite so much rubbish been espoused by so many on so little evidence. One wonders why.

Last edited by Flying Binghi; 11th May 2012 at 13:38.