PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Sukhoi superjet 100 is missing
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 23:26
Teddy Robinson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to proffer an opinion on the "confused reports", I'm not saying I'm right however it may alleviate some confusion.
My previous post was an assessment of the images, which deliberately avoided any conclusions: having put the large jpg. files through several filters, the defined image of the witness marks from the initial impact show a relatively simple yet distinct sequence.
At POI the aircraft was quite possibly nose high relative to the terrain right wing down by approx 30 degrees.
How so ? The enhanced shadow IS very distinct, a "free transform" hi-gamma image of the aircraft itself drops in perfectly in this precise attitude. which has more than a passing resemblance to an escape manouver at a relatively low forward speed.

Above POI there is another shadow left and above what appears to be the tail come, the "shadow" matches that of the tail surfaces. Using the same technique it shows the aircraft pointing across the slope nose high right.

Notably none of the main wreckage mentioned appears to be present on the crash-site image image itself, presumably having slid down-slope, quite possibly remaining largely intact as some reports would have it, what we see is scatter.

NOTE PLEASE THAT THIS IS A VERY SUBJECTIVE VIEW, It is not my intention to present this as hard fact, just food for thought.

It's a terrible set of circumstances for everyone which ever way you look at it.