PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attitude = speed control/power = pitch
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 22:25
RTN11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Women are definately better students, they pay better attention at the brief, and as said in an ealier post they tend to suffer from under confidence, so their flying ability is far better than they think it is, much safer having it that way round. On a trial lesson I've only every had women say "so what can this plane really do?" and then keep asking me to pull more and more G

I've had 3 or 4 flight sim addict teenagers as students, one of whom presented me with a log book of all the real time sim journeys he'd done. I just laughed, he was actually trying to impress me with this!?!

I'm sure EGKB will look back on this thread in years to come, and realise how little he knows right now. Just hope he makes it out of the danger zone of 150-200+ hours before his confidence really overpowers his ability.

One of my instructors always said you start with an empty bucket of knowledge and a full bucket of luck, the trick is to fill the bucket with knowledge before the other bucket runs out of luck. Unfortunaltely, EGKB seems to think he's got two full buckets