PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Late Pax
Thread: Late Pax
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2002, 10:27
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leave em, every one else on board had managed to get there on time, the "dog ate my homework" routine is interesting, but if the flight is closed, it's closed except for the usual late connections within reason and exceptional circumstances.

Fascinating episode of "Airline" the other night about this very subject.

Young yuppy wannabe businessman, kept insisting that the cheap fare was not worth it compared to the cost of his time blah blah blah spent waiting for the next flight after having turned up late.
It wasn't his fault that British Rail had closed the Railway station in London that he thought he could connect with, it wasn't his fault blah, blah, blah For someone as highly paid as he said he was, he wasn't at all well organised. He sorta missed the point when the lady suggested that he was travelling with the wrong airline. If he and his business was that important then Easyjet wasn't for him, unless he got himself organised.

Then there was the French guy who was trying to pay for his airfare with a personal cheque without a recognised bank gaurantee card and simply refused to accept, with much shouting and banging of fists, that cash was the only other alternative. It was of course the airlines fault.

The old familiar "I'll never travel with you again" threat was met with sighs of relief from the Airline staff.
It was all so distressingly familiar with people trying to put responsibility for their own shortcomings on to other people.

In my current business the intial point of contact is an opportunity to assess whether we wish to continue the transaction as we are going to have to live with up close and personal with them for about 6-9 months. If they show signs of being serially unreasonable or have an exagerated notion of their importance in the scheme of things we politely cut it right there.
If it is not a two way street it's simply too hard, there are enough really nice and pleasant people to deal with out there to be bothered.

Oh and in case Chuckles is lurking around somewhere, there are some exceptions They would have been quite within their rights to keep going, I didn't ask them to shut down the RH engine.