PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet: Equal Opportunities?
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 19:42
Robert G Mugabe

Danger

From a SLF point of view, it was all about safety and customer service years ago. Now it's all about money and seeing how quickly you can shove 200 cattle..oh I mean passengers into the plane. And then once in the cruise the pilot comes out to empty his bladder for the passengers to see he hasn't even started shaving yet.
Slightly insulting. Granted we have young pilots but although some are less confident than others on the whole they are a good bunch.

One of easyJets strengths is the quality of its training. I appreciate middle management, local management and the AMB's obsession with FLEXICREW and CADETS has created a poisonous relationship . The working environment on the line is generally good however . My belief is that on the whole the pilots flying the line are protected by rigorous ( some might say anal ) SOP's.

Indeed we have to file ASR's for the most mundane occurrences.

Life is not fair and there is no requirement for experienced FO's as we have many experienced FO's. We are not expanding and promotions will slow to a trickle in the next few years.

One might even argue that the LCC model does not apply to easyjet. EasyJet is closer to a cost effective legacy airline these days.

crash will happen due to inexperienced pilots being promoted to captain very quickly, or just inexperienced FOs full stop.
Rubbish. A crash will happen with a combination of events not the above in isolation.