PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet: Equal Opportunities?
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 14:26
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A crash will happen due to inexperienced pilots being promoted to captain very quickly, or just inexperienced FOs full stop.

Maybe then it will change. Maybe.

From a SLF point of view, it was all about safety and customer service years ago. Now it's all about money and seeing how quickly you can shove 200 cattle..oh I mean passengers into the plane. And then once in the cruise the pilot comes out to empty his bladder for the passengers to see he hasn't even started shaving yet. And IMO, it all started and got out of hand with low cost airlines.

Yes new pilots need to fly, but what about experienced FOs. FOs aren't just a useless person to fill a seat and satisfy criteria. Having a good, experienced FO is just as important as having a good captain and cabin crew. Too much of one thing (inexperienced FOs in this case) is always bad, having a bit of everything (experienced and inexperienced CC, captains and FOs) is good.

Thankfully at the moment this trend is relatively new and most airlines do have very good and experienced captains and FOs. But I fear low cost airlines are slacking on experienced FOs.

I feel for OP.