PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings - ''Flybe Wings'' pilot course
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 13:58
Shane C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for everyone's advice, much appreciated

windypops - Yeah exactly, having to ask your parents to risk their house is something that I don't like asking if I'm honest but I would fund it all by myself however when this course popped up it didn't leave with alot of options. The banks will not lend, I can almost guarantee it.

I spoke to a customer the the other week who now works for BA as a FO and his girlfirend/wife works for BA too as a flight attendant. Anyway, he was giving me advice on CTC and OAA. He studied at OAA on the integrated course and had the money there and then - HSBC loaned him the money, this was 15 years ago though!!

Well done for getting a job as a FO

muzzy24 - Well what Flybe and CTC say that upon successfully completing the 10 month training course, you sign a contract for Flybe and you get a position as a FO on the Q400.

Flybe pay for your bonding and they put a significant amount of money in to the student/candidate.
What I'm saying is basically, you're almost guaranteed a position which is why I'm highly interested in this course!!

I've looked in to all avenue's and yeah the modular route is also appealing to me also. There are a few FTO's such as PAT, CTC and OAA which do the modular route and they're pretty much the same in cost. I'd rather be on the integrated course though. I'm ready to send off the application now so we'll see what happens

flybSOU - Yes, I'm led to believe you must have a 90% pass rate with CTC and Flybe.

captain.weird - You pay the selection fee if and when you get invited to the selection day and like OAA, CTC charge candidiates £192.00 for the day.

Like I say, does anyone have advice on passing the PILAPT section of the test, this worries me to be honest. It does look very, very difficult!!