PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmiBaby threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 13:15
frequentflyer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are still seats that need to be sold out of both BHX and EMA between now and early September. The world will carry on, and baby is still in business and for the time being still flying aircraft.

Just not to BHD, at least not after June 11. Before accusing me of being a heartless heap of s..., could anyone who has not read my previous post about job loss, please do so.
To me, there are 2 major issues here.
The first, and most important, is the plight of WW employees facing a very uncertain future.
The second, and I make no apologies for saying this, is the plight of the thousands of NI holidaymakers who have had their flights cancelled at short notice.
Is bmibaby seriously trying to re-accommodate them on flights out of Birmingham and East Midlands? Surely, they should have rights to seats before they are sold to other passengers?
It also seems bizarre to me that a company which already operates two airlines BA and Iberia, can take over two more airlines - bmi and bmibaby, and then tell bmibaby passengers they are cancelling their flights at short notice and they cannot be accommodated on any flights operated by BA, Iberia or bmi.
I'm sure my point of view is very simplistic, and there are many reasons why IAG can offer no help to these people other than a refund, but to me it's strange.