PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bounce landing recovery technique
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2002, 06:50
stillin1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Looking at the big picture here: I do believe that you need to show the differenct twixt a mild over flare, whilst a little too fast, at touchdown leading to the ac becoming just airborne again and the cor blimey carrier landing catapulting you back into the sky. Once the latter is seen and N.B.d - GO-AROUND. Bounced landing techniques are possible for all ac types, but: As I can realistically see no reason why you have to land off of a bad landing attempt that has lead to a bouncer - just teach the go-around. Once the student has left you, is flying a different ac and is probably not fully current on bouncy landing practice, the last thing I want them to do is try to salvage an already bu@@ered situation. The go-around applies to all ac types, will prevent the appearance of most of the runway behind you as you float along to the next touchdown / hedge, won't tempt the PIO and will prevent the 10' stall onto the deck causing considerable expense. Taught to a baby pilot it is probably dangerous in the long term. We don't teach em that a crap circuit and approach can lead to a good landing! Why teach that a bad landing can lead to a good one?