PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 09:00
dannyalliga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Murray,

So you are on a floating contract? Do you have a base? Because by EU OPS your employer should give you one, read chapter 7 and inform yourself about the latest EU decision on basing and national insurance.
Ah and don't tell me your base is what comes out on your roster every Friday because that's not what EU OPS define as a base.
So you are on 145.000 GROSS?How much tax do you pay on that? How much money do you spend on hotels, meals and commuting?How about loss of license? Pension?Medical insurance?
Let's say you get rostered out of EMA for a week right when the bike race is on (happened to a colleague) and every hotel/b&b is fully booked for that period? How will the company assist you? Will you end up 50 miles away and renting a car like the guy in question had to do? Will the company help in any way?
And how about your off days? If you live in e UK and get rostered for a week of earlies in the canary islands or the south of europe when will you commute?What if there are no direct FR flights between the place you live and the place you are supposed to report for work? Will you have to travel in your off time for hours and change planes with no guarantee of a jump seat ( it doesn't usually happen but it could)?
How about your contract renewal? Are you setting up an LTD?Where? Maybe dodging the tax somewhere in Malta or Cyprus?How will your ltd deal with the new EU regulation on social security that states that you must have a specified base where you are liable?Do you know that many countries will not allow a company to operate on their soil while paying corporate tax offshore?
What happens to you if you get sick? FR will not pay you a dime but your ltd will still be liable to pay social security in the country you are based because it must guarantee the employee ( yourself) that he doesn't starve to death.
These are just a few questions that popped up in my mind reading your superficial and short sighted post.
Sometimes I think you guys are just plain and simple button pushers and that we deserve that a mediocre and unethical management treats inferior beings like you the way they do.