PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which carrier wants a piece of Air Canada...?
Old 10th May 2012, 08:58
Left Coaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NLH...

Glad you found humour in my post...always leave em laughing was what my Grampa said! Funny then what your post assumes...so let me clear a few things up for ya! I actually did work for the Blue guys and when the place laid me off for the SECOND time...(it got old fast!) and after I LOST dozens of numbers to the red machine in the merge... I had a chance to move into a great place to work and a command a hell of a lot faster than any one with the seniority number I was left with would have, and no there was no job theft involved! () As a matter of fact with the number I had I'm STILL not able to hold any left seat anywhere in the AC system...soooo, make of it what you will, it wasn't pretty. And I'm gettin' old! That's all ancient history...as you say the industry in Canada is in turmoil and is only getting worse. In the meantime,you have some serious burr under your saddle and toss about words like slavery and such, and your distaste is evident when it comes to immigration policy and of course you are entitled to your opinion. Just remember this...how may "Hyphenated Canadians" lie under the graves in Europe, after fighting for our freedom in BOTH wars? Ask how many still guard it for people like us? I won't get into it with you as I learned a long time ago to pick my battles...So... I work in the region you seem to have left (hard to tell, for all I know you might still be here, and if so, what's keeps you here? I'll tell ya... Because there ain't jack back home unless you can get a corporate gig worth big $$$...hard to find those...or you get to start at the bottom again!) Lots of your colleagues are still here, living and doing well and making more than they ever will if they leave, so it's what you make of it. isn't it? I have worked in a number of countries in the last 12 years, quite a few of those years here and yeah, it ain't home, but then I never expected it to be...but it affords my family opportunities to grow as people, learn new cultures and, as a result, enables them to determine what kind of person they want to be. Can you say that? Over to you...fly safe! LC
Oh by the way..I never did say I was hoping for a total collapse at AC...that's someone elses wish, not mine...total disaster comes to mind if that ever happened.

Last edited by Left Coaster; 10th May 2012 at 12:50.