PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2012, 23:06
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes becasue the NOC routes are so porfitable.....FR have fares for under €5 on the euro routes.
The routes are new they have no charges (or massively reduced charges), anyhow Ryanair makes most of its money through ancillary revenue and I'd imagine Ryanair's routes are profitable from Knock, who are you to know anyway?

SNN debit write off to the DAA is not costing the tax payer a penny but if NOC got a debit write off it would cost the tax payer. I can't see NOC having any debits as they said the airprot was profitable in 2010 not sure about 2011 though.
Slightly wrong. Although no funds associated with the DAA are tax-payer obligations, the DAA's debts of over €700m could soon be tax-payer problems if its creditors deem it to high that's to be revealed over the next few days.

Knock has a fairly rigorous regime in place and fair play to the management team up there they seem to have the most commercial sense aviation wise in this country.

Yes because our Goverment is running the country and make all the decions right!!!
I think he was referring to the fact that the Taoiseach is from Mayo aswell as a number of FG TD's, so it would be well in there interests to see growth continue ex-Knock.

business passengers unlike NOC
Again how do you which traveler is using Knock, you don't its your assumption. I could see plenty of Business travellers using London services and most UK routes. While Shannon has TA services, the BA refueling route and a service to London/Heathrow this doesn't mean Shannon is any better then Knock Business pax wise.

realy only opens for lunch during the winter and slighly longer in the summer.
Grow up its open from 7am to 7pm hence why it has such a low cost base, only thing Knock really needs to do is extend opening hours in the evening to say 10pm.