PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2012, 18:39
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B206s

Hi all ... and not having posted for some time, I'm getting withdrawal symptons so just thought I'd add a note to B206 G-FSDA pictured. Many will know that the FSA series were operated by Derek Chandler of 'Flair Soft Drinks' 'A' being the first ... they went on to FSDC etc. Derek's son, Wayne ran the Heli Flair and Southernair businesses in the 1990s and noughties. An innocent note, Derek Chandler left fixed wing for rotary in the mid 1970s when he was driving along the A27 past Shoreham Airport when I was display practicing an Enstrom. Derek was interested in display flying and turned into the airfield to enquire about the manoeuvres and was introduced to yours truly. A short time later he took delivery of Enstrom G-BHAX a 28C-2. With the demise of Southernair, I believe Wayne is now a fixed wing man. Warm wishes if you are reading this. Dennis Kenyon.

PS. I think FSDA or one of them was originally G-ROOT which I purchased as an OO reg from Belgium and next owned by a certain Godfrey Hope. If he is reading this, I have your log book!