PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unfair?? Help!
Thread: Unfair?? Help!
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2012, 18:22
N2740RPettinato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, everyone, for the reply!

What really gets me is the fact that multiple doctors have passed all my medical records to some other doctor, because they were unsure of what decision to make. Finally the last doctor specified that I had to wait 12 months (I don't blame him for this decision) but the ALPA doctor let me know that it seems unfair, as migraines have a 6 month period observation.

I would like to add that I haven't had any headache or migraine since the accident. Seems like the medication is working.

Loose rivets-

I agree with everything you said, especially this part:

During exciting and fun times, they don't have an attack, but during long boring and worrying times, they are beset with the problem, just at a time they need it least.

I read on MayoClinic.com too something like you said:

The aphasia is something that is frightening, but very normal as a secondary symptom/phase of the attack. So often, that part of it will not continue into later life, but the vision problems may well be a normal part of the attack as long as they last.

I am working on my diet and exercising when I can.

Funny thing is: I was about to move to Chicago so I didn't have to commute anymore but right now, since I'm not working, I can't afford to move there.
I guess I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Im just mad at myself and at my Italian doctor who told me, years ago, that I couldn't do anything about my aura.

Once again, thanks everyone!

I hope to get back in the sky at some point.