PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats dress code
Thread: Nats dress code
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2012, 16:57
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...and any thoughts about the possibly even stronger 'who the **** are all those office people at the CTC? What do they do all day?' culture that seems prevalent amongst the watchkeeping staff?

Explaining away the lack of smart dress as a symptom of operational people not being welcomed with open arms when Swanwick opened, and beginning to feel that they did not matter, is a bit of a red herring in itself, surely?

I just find it really sad that some people appear far more worked up about the possibility that they may be asked to think about how they are perceived by potential customers (just take a moment and think about that word!) than by training matters, recruitment, changing skills, the safety system ridding ATCOs of the ability to think for themselves and use ability and experience and all the other far, far more important issues we have to deal with.

But hey, my manager has just asked me to not look so scruffy, maybe wear trousers and a pair of shoes rather than shorts and flipflops, so I'm off on strike. Who's with me?