PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man-machine interface and anomalies
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2012, 11:43
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bl---y machines.(Interface)

Y`know, (sigh) this is wind up city, the thing with machines is that they are fabulous calculators and also precision instruments. They can right an aircraft inito S & L quickly and accurately, they can warn you of this and alert you to that, they can disengage (saying "not my prob, you deal with it") but they cannot "WANT". They do not "WANT". It is womans and mens wanting for survival and civilisation that has created . . .survival and civilisation basically.
Machines do not want to live, do not want to eat a great cheesburger, savour the delights of a perfectly chilled Sauternes with the local pud. they do not want to go out with Britney Spears, or George Clooney (each to therir own gender) They do not want to preserve life. they do not want to save the situation, they do not want to be at home or down at the pub later on that evening, they do not want to take out a real foxy chick. All of these wants is what made man fly in the first place, to create flying, then some shmuck created the flying licences, fair enough, then those wonderful people to administer the licences (which only stinks when they become an authority or ceases to be an administration or organinsation) also, machines are not political, which was nothing to do with this post. At which point - a fellow human could have said to me - "why are you writing such c--p, get the hell out of here" and take control of this . . .post.

Whereas, the computor, This actual computor, will keep on spurting out the garbage as I input the garbage (In). Until a moderator - a man or a woman comes along and deletes or edits it.

Point? Machines have no "sense" no commonsense, no higher sense, no sense of preportion, no sense of humour (thank God!) no sense of living or dying, nor any sense of direction.

Even at basic high school level we study biology and machines.

The difference between machines and humans are two-fold:- firstly, we have a respiratory system a digestion system and, and, a nervous system.(ok, threefold, so I cannot count, what do you think I am a machine??) All of which a machine has not.

So, to use an accurate tool like a calculator and control inputter (A/P)(A/T)(NAV)(INS) and a reader (EFIS) and a screamer and shouter (ECAS) is fine
but bear in mind, "IT" does not know what it is doing nor why it is doing it - in fact, essentially, they (the machines) do not exist, they are just there because we put them there. They have no sense. They cannot be hurt, just bits of plastic and metal bits with wire in them.

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 9th May 2012 at 12:00. Reason: Can`t afford a secretary.