PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 9th May 2012, 10:43
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know what....what a CROC of ****!.

Baswell, I normally readily agree with you, but not on this.

The ONLY thing europe will do is sit back and watch to see in how many ways this will destroy us. We are test pilots for the whole world!!!!!.
-----------------------------------------------

I cannot begin to compare this with the GST like anyone else. The GST is transparent. I can see how much I was charged, how much I need to charge out and how much I need to pay the tax man.

This Tax in its nature, is hidden. You can only ESTIMATE IT. The cost impost on ANY business is going to be huge and widely variable. Even the cost of estimating it is out of control...and beleive you me, the time I have already spent trying to accomodate it = 1 months production for myself alone...thank christ i get my advice in this area for 'free' under barter.

Forget its impost on families as being small, because the impost on business is going to be so large that the families won't have jobs to pay the dang tax anyway.

Lets have a look at my own businesses expenses just for a minute, just to show where every business in Aust is at. I'll stick with the 3% unit suggested, as its wrong, and appears is going to be closer to 7.5 %

Power. 225 pcm. (50% of that is spent running my 'green' equipment anyway.) So we can add your suggested 3% to that.

Telephone. $60 pcm. Do we add 3% to that...surely the power use is lower than that increase.

I'll group the question on the next couple, as they are variable usage.
Paint. avg $57 per litre. (we just had a 4% rise due to security costs assoc with controlled substances(read terrorism measures))
Sand paper. average $49 per pack
Masking paper $42 per roll
..........the real list is 4 pages long.
Waste disposal. $38 pcm.

So do we just add 3% to that? or do we add 3% to the cost of the product, allow 2.1% for delivery charge increases, another 11.7% for the resulting GST BONUS?

Or do i sit tight on my current hourly rate until i am able to ascertain by what % i am going broke by?

The early projections, pretty much all based on assumptions, is that my hourly rate will move from $70 +GST to more than 115 +

Can you see me surviving on that? Are you going to spend 115 ph having me restore your volkswagon beetle when it needs 200 hours of work (low figure for a turn key resto)

Seriously! I will be 300% better off renting a factory in china and including the freight on your car in my price...and i'll still be cheaper than having it done in OZ.

And if I am not mad enough, This years budget has been handed down. It includes the projected 'income' from the carbon tax. Take a look at how much of that is intended to be spent on green projects, i.e wind farms, solar technology, clean coal etc. I'm too scared to look, but u can bet your Fat A that its less than 10%.

If it was 100% then i'd STFU. this is nothing more than revenue for the current and future wally's world governments.

Do not get me wrong, I have nothing against working to help the environment. I am no greenie, but prefer to be regarded as nature concious.