PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Nav Mode Dilema!!
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2012, 09:13
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude, this was a route or radial intercept and the aircraft was going in "free space to that interecept, or, there was a discontinuity (who invented that word?) and then as in "discontinuities, the aircraft will fly to the next waypoint except for the fact that it would usually do this in HDG. Why HDG? Because it is not in Nav due to the Discontinuity . . .hmmmm? As you say it was in Nav then . . . . . - oh wow, he simply did a Direct To the next Wpt.
Yeh, thats it.
So easy.!!! Nope, wait up, something does not gel here. Maybe, he just cleaned up the box and left the approach, still the thing with HDG and NAV though - maybe, he did not keep you in the loop because he f-----d up and did not want to let you know, only to breathe a sigh of relief when you actually made it to destination without getting lost! I give up (well, not really) I think it is a trick question and you are trying to trick us. However, you can still be in NAV without anywhere to go to . . for example you can tune in a VOR say, and choose a radial and go for it NAV. I doubt he would have missed a discontinuity (although not impossible) so, then if he did, then he selecd nav. like in the example above.

But loopwise - baaaaadd flying!!

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 9th May 2012 at 11:23.