PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A breath of fresh air at last. One pilots view of CRM
Old 9th May 2012, 06:22
Sillypeoples

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you get a 200 hour pilot on probation, culled to be a buddy, pal, fit in, to question the captain? CRM.

Now that the FAA imposed 1500 hours for new hires...golly gee...I guess CRM is just so past it now.

I think back on all the arguments about this, and in the end, people pushing CRM were just the sort that wanted kids in the cockpit that could barely run the autopilot and believed whatever management told them about safety and what pilots should and shouldn't be. Gosh where are all the CRM advocates now?

Funny how everyone forgot the other reason for CRM...legends in their own mind captains flying into the side of a mountain, having their own FOs not believe the instruments infront of them and too damned scared about losing their jobs to say anything.

I guess the real winners are the CRM trainers who made a buck by pushing paper and showing presentations instead of flying planes. I'm curious what new safety crap they will come up with to make their house payments.

So when will airlines start hiring at the top of the resume pile, instead of the bottom of it?