PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DFRDB/MSBS Indexation -Heads Up for ex-ADF people
Old 9th May 2012, 03:05
20 Years Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
21 years service

The DFRDB is not the only crap that has been laid on service personnel over the years. You may recall back in the late eighties the government determined that as you were entitled to free medical whilst in the service that if your wife was a working then you did not have to pay the Medicare levy your medical was free!!

My wife has worked our entire marriage of 34 years and whilst we both paid the levy during my service, when the decision was made to remove the levy from serving members it was not made retrospective so you paid the levy for years to the government when realistically it all should have been repaid when the decision was made. Additionally I cannot tell you how many Australians think the Service pension is tax free

I cannot tell you how disgusted I feel when both sides of politics attend funerals and praise the job being done one day and turn their respective backs when it comes time to compensate for the victims and ex service personnel that have give there lives and time for this great country