PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 23:28
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dozy

Be careful not to extrapolate from guesswork. Initially, the Airline reported "turbulence fortes". We were not there, and the accelerations on the airframe leave some important data out. Why would the airline make such a statement? Who knows, and we do not know if there is data that is available, from the line, that is not released. Met based on satellite IR? Hmm......

Some cells can exceed 60000 feet in height, and contain monster cylinders of highly energetic vertical air. The crew inter briefed "somewhat more intense than that we just experienced, etc" . Once accelerated, the airframe can report calm accelerations, but be moving rapidly Up, or Down. Besides, I am not interested in turbulence, but in well developed symmetrical, and independent air mass, mostly, Up. Imagine an a/ c that is rising vertically, but with a reasonable Pitch, and consider that an airliner can climb whilst essentially level. Rapid climb....

I am suggesting the discrepancy in AoA and Pitch suggest such a thing. A thirty second bonus of climb, that paid out, and left the a/c hanging on her Fans, basically, all the way down. PostStall, I think it is a reach to get too critical of anyone on deck.

I am a fan of this a/c; whatever happened, look elsewhere for bias against this airframe.