PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 22:47
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dozy

This argument is not to do with pilots, right, wrong, or indifferent. It has to do with the a/c, and what it is doing, strictly. AoA aside, my point is that there is room to entertain sensing/sussing anomalies with the autoflight, and the a/c basic modes to include Vselect, and work done prior to the Early June surprise sprung on the crew. This accident had its roots deep in the time frame prior to handoff, irrespective of ICE, turbulence, and Degraded Law. A working theory of Ice occluded probes suits me fine, but there is wiggle room in there for other sources of danger.... RetiredF4 I must say thank you for your work, your frame of PNF as a human, and not a foil for nothing more than a guess at CRM, well, thanks. There was ample confusion, and no less than two qualified pilots felt thoroughly in the weeds from the gitgo. If for no other reason, I will keep my objective view alive. There had to have been more than off target competence in play.

And HazelNuts39 thank you for a finer point on airmass/AOA. Five degrees? What was I thinking?