PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 19:59
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But Lyman, Stall Warning *did not* trigger until *after* the PF had taken manual control - that's a documented fact, down in black and white.

It would take considerably more external force to trigger Stall Warning or trip autopilot off than the aircraft was facing - this was all laid out in the TRE's debrief. This TRE is not an Airbus fanboy and I hold him in the highest regard.

I know you want to believe that the aircraft handed itself over in a practically uncontrollable state, but the evidence simply isn't there to back that hope up - not even slightly.

@HN39 - possibly. All I can tell you is that we got the transitory stall warning when I pulled the stick halfway back - so either the impact of turbulence was relatively negligible, or our simulated condiitons happened to hit a randomly-generated pocket that matched the conditions AF447 faced (which is on the face of it very unlikely). I don't believe the turbulence alone would have been anywhere near enough to trigger it, and neither did our TRE.