PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 18:55
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phileas Fogg
Furious at Ltnman made the following comment

What the hell are you talking about LTNman ... have you been spending too much time in the phone kiosk again?

Terminating at a London terminal? ... So all of LHR,STN & SEN's punters travel by a train that terminates at a London terminal?

If the train is heading for London then yes it terminates at a terminus (sorry if I said terminal)

Heathrow goes to Paddington (There is also a slow underground link into London)
Stansted goes to Liverpool St
Southend goes to Liverpool St
Gatwick and Luton cross London and pop out on the other side.

Just at random I've just run a check on SEN to Wimbledon, Wimbledon is south and west of London is it not?
Well I would say south but if you want to say south and west that's fine by me.

SEN airport (rail station) to Wimbledon rail station = 1hr 35mins and without a terminus at a London terminal.

Whilst ... LTN airport to Wimbledon rail station = 1hr 40mins with a terminus London/St Pancras..
Now you have lost me. Using your example I am saying that I can travel from Luton to Wimbledon without changing trains. If I put Southend to Wimbledon into a journey planner it tells me that I need to catch 2 trains and use the underground and the travel time is over 2 hours. If I put Luton to Wimbledon into a journey planner it tells me that it takes 1 hour 30 minutes with no change of train.

The map shows the cross rail route which is being built now but is still a few years away. With a single change of trains at Farringdon Heathrow will be connected to Luton and Gatwick by rail. The line then carries on via Liverpool Street connecting up Stansted and Southend.