PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attitude = speed control/power = pitch
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 13:02
EGKB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mariner9,

Thanks for the post, I disagree. I have a great willingness to learn. And I did speak to my instructor about the technique, he said it's the way he teaches it. And as others have said it's not a law, you don't HAVE to use that technique, each to their own, that makes things harder for me. For some it might make it easier, but it's not mandatory is it?

"You need to understand what the PRIMARY method of controlling ROD/height and airspeed on finals is but also understand that a combination may need to be used" - This is what I agree with, I know you guys are more experienced than me, and I guess I might sound a little arrogant, but I'm simply investigating a technique and stating my opinion on it.

I pulled the yoke back to go higher and forward to go lower, increased power to increase speed and visa versa. That has worked for me, instructor said my app was perfect, then I tried the opposite and everything was fine except my mind got clogged up thinking about opposites/doing things in the reverse order.