PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 08:29
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
OC
Retired F4
I see what you mean now - I was thinking of a different definition of expectation pattern. That you have a certain desire and when you move the controls you think that the aircraft will respond to your expectation no matter what the reality is.

No, you still dont get it. You have an intention to change the flightpath a given amount, you move the controls and expect the aircraft to respond to the flight control input in relation to the flight control change. The reality of the response shows on the instuments, or you can see and feel it if flying visual and you compare it to the expected outcome and use that one again to fine tune your input. Itīs a closed loop system.

OC .... no matter what reality is.....
is totally off the scope, donīt know where you can find it in my post.

If the input is not done by yourself or cannot be observed (SS issue), you dont know what to expect,īyou have no reference, only the real response to an unknown input / unknown malfunction / unknown external input can be observed on the instruments. The source of the unwanted deviation of the desired outcome is not known, only the result. Therfore the correction input to the situation might not be appropriate to the situation as i described extensively in my prior post.

Back to the SS, it could be that PF is already correcting an undesired pitch attitude by SS input, and PNF might add his own input, as he doesnīt know that a correct input is already being made by the PF.

Nearly all performance issues can be observed and judged by instruments to the "what" and "why" is it happening, but as told before, it gets tricky with flight path issues. Those can be (and normally are, but not exclusively) SS or yoke induced. The yoke can give feedback to the PNF in relation to the kind of input, the amount of input, the agressiveness of the input and the duration of the input, the SS in the present configuration dosnīt.

Enough for now.