PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Classic Operators - Who's out there and who was the best ?
Old 8th May 2012, 03:06
EW73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of my time flying the 747 Classic, I only flew for three operators...

Air Hong Kong...started just before they took delivery of those three ex Varig freighters. I thought it was a great company to fly for, great group of guys. Though when CX took control things went south fairly fast...

Air Atlanta...flew the longest with these guys, and for good reason...moved bases fairly often...loved the flying (great group of guys), flew both freight and pax, though again the crew management severly let the company down, at least up to 2002 when I left them.

Air Pacific...started with them when they were still flying the two leasted Classics. They were upgraded with a couple of leased ex-QF airplanes, and the quality of the flying ratcheded up a couple of notches. Again, the flying was great, but in this case the local FOs were not the best to fly with, they were basically lazy and expected everything handed to them on a plate...then complained when they were put under pressure to get their act together.
I shudder to think what is happenning in those -400 flight decks...with no FE to keep them straight!

Cheers, I will always fondly remember the B747 Classic, and shudder at the current airplanes now being forced upon the flight crews!

EW73