PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 00:08
D7666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rail connections

From May 19 rail timetable change Thameslink trains are reinstated across London and night and at weekends daytimes.

When broken, the trains did still serve St.Pancras, but has there been any impact, or an investigation into impact, on possible Luton air passenger loss from across London where getting to / from very early a.m. / very late p.m. was made just that little too difficult.

LGW is my second choice of LON airport exactly because of through trains days and night - but for sure I have used LGW once only one way outwards during the entire Thameslink night blocked route, because faffing around with buses in the small hours put just that too much extra time into the journey (up to 90 min each way at certain periods of the night) and it happened that flights more towards the middle of the day were less suitable.

Or am I just too picky about getting to LGW and the vast majority of LTN air passengers more resilient. Or just they plain did not know and booked flights before looking at trains ???

--
Nick