PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2012, 23:09
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hre

One can assemble stretchers, splats, posts, rails, with hardware, a fabric mat, and sell it to the public, but they will see a "chair".

The "chair" is gestaltic, for "what becomes the whole....."

Likewise, as PJ2 says, and Lonewolf has offered, the "picture" is what we want.

The "Get", The "have", the understanding. It is not made up of individual parts, but the whole, only. One patterns the brain to then eliminate the pieces, and reduce the elements, until the whole is become unity. This is done by not relying on the traditional, but opening up the aware. 'Pattern Aware', if one wishes.

It used to be called the "Right Stuff". But that had more to do with attitude, and demeanor, which, though not unimportant, isn't the critical thing.

"Er, what are you doing...." Captain DuBois, upon entering the flight deck. He no doubt knew, in some fashion, else he would not have been so direct. One does not Command a wide body across the Oceans without some "Stuff". From what we have, we need to look at what we have, and I do not mean to be obtuse. I can with great reluctance concede a lack of "Stuff" from the F/Os, but not the Captain. And for the F/Os? Only with objection.

To paraphrase a Wannabe, "If a klutz like me can takeoff, recover from STALL and Land, then anyone can....."

The technicals are insufficient to condemn, all they open up is a frustration at not hearing the actual CVR. "What was that?" I would like to know, for I doubt seriously it was Robert rhetorically showing his 'klutz' re: the STALLWARN. Likewise, and this is important, It is not possible the crew was un aware of STALL. How can I say that? Because PJ2 has said the displays were consistent with the recovered data.

That cannot mean the displays were duff, only that PJ2 says they were golden. Fine, and I mean it. Is it possible that something unknown to the group here was occurring that prevented a standard solution, and there was insufficient time to implement a work around? Early on, a person who claimed to have heard the recording stated that the Captain said, beyond ...."doing?" "This is a STALL, get the (expletive) Nose Down."

Probably made up? We have not seen that report for some time, and it originated in the World of Journalism.....so.

Unless and until the complete CVR is heard, I hold my fire. I don't need to hear it, but some one does who has no agenda. If it is as bubbers44, 757 pilot says, "no professional pulls up into a STALL and falls into the SEA..." then I will choose another airline, one with friendlier skies than AIR FRANCE.... And possibly eschew the air, for SEA, in a slow boat.