PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmiBaby threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2012, 19:23
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that a lot of bmibaby customers will be very annoyed at the situation. I also understand that for some their holidays will be ruined as they will be unable to afford to pay the difference. And I do feel for these.

But, I feel even more sorry for bmibaby staff who at this moment are stressing out of their minds about how they will pay the bills in a few months time if they can't find alternative employment. Some of these are ex Cardiff crew that followed the airline to their Birmingham & East Midlands bases when they withdrew operations just over 6 months ago.

The only plus point in this whole saga and is not really much consolation is that the bmibaby hasn't suddenly gone bust. Passengers are able to retrieve refunds quicker and crews will at least be paid until the termination of employment plus redundancy.

However for somone to come on a forum that is read by many bmibaby pilots especially the hunt of finding more information is an insult. Maybe the thoughts on passenger holidays should be kept in the SLF threads if not possible to be stopped from posting at all.

bmibaby is a very friendly airline especially those crew that I had the pleasure to work with at their Cardiff base. I do pray for as much good news as possible for the bmibaby staff in relation to finding alternative employment.

Good luck all