PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Rage Yob Jailed
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2001, 22:28
f40

ESG, I totally agree; you're a most pleasant bloke when under the influence of a certain amount of beer! And I do have fond memories of your generosity when it comes to sharing the last precious remaining cigarettes as well

However as Hug says; no way in the world can I or my colleagues tell what an amicable fellow, drunk or sober, you are in the 15 seconds at our disposal while you board our aircraft!!

"So while I really care for your safety, and I'll be the first to come forward if any drunken yob tries to take a swing at you, please don't spoil my flights because some fool can't hold his drink without getting violent!"

I don't for a second doubt that you would come to our rescue, but allow me to phrase it from [my point of view.

Does the fact that you and many others are pleasant drinkers mean that cabin crew simply have to accept the risk of permanent disfugerement at the hands of a less balanced drinking passenger as part of their jobs?

And please do not tell me that the risk is insignificant. Fiona Weir and many others are proof of the opposite being the case!

Hug, if your suggestions were taken up by airlines and airport authorities the world over, we would achieve a significant reduction in the risk of passenger transport by air.

But money, inertia and a fierce love for western society's only legal party drug are stronger forces than common sense.........

------------------