PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where will the middle east be and why......!
Old 7th May 2012, 13:52
fluffy5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where will the middle east be and why......!

I put some very small input into this middle eastern forum, as I am a helicopter pilot, that has flown in the middle east for many years/ military/ government..... They are all very special.
As flying a helicopter we have such a short range compared to a big plank..... I.e what you boys fly at Dubai, Abu dhabi or Doha, cannot possibly name the companies as fear of being taken to court.
Anyhow why was the middle east became so popular with aviation ?
I some how remember Baharain many years ago was the stop off point for many airlines, was this for more fuel or crew change, or both.
Excuse my ignorance of not being a plank pilot, but what will happen in the advancement of aircraft that do not require to stop because of fuel....
Why can't I fly from new York to Sydney without a change over in Dubai..... Why ?
Is this why the oil rich states are plowing so much money into aviation to maintain control so people have to come?
Just some understanding if that I was booking a flight in new York and direct flight to Sydney took me 5 hours, (in the future with the advancement of aircraft) why oh why would I want to go through Dubai for change over.....

I probably think that their is some basic answer, and wholly open to the most silly ones myself.

Fluffy