PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now Lion Air wants to make money out of jobless pilots from India
Old 7th May 2012, 09:43
jetjockey696

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys... world has changed since the LCC and P2F came on to the scene. Now there are two business to aviation...RECRUITMENT and the AIRLINE.. both go in hand. There are no free jobs anymore for the fresh CPL holders, money talks. you pay agency P2F. or you pay for typerating and pay a bond.. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR SOMETHING somewhere. The situation is that everyone gets a cut. the recruitment agency, airlines (free labour for a short time and some money from agency), the pilot (getting a maybe job).

P2F is like herpes..cold sores. you cant get rid of it..it will spread to others.. you just got to live with it...

unless you are very lucky to get into a cadet program of course but how many will get it. and how many places that is being offered. and some time it not the dedicated person get in. especially in Cathay pacific.. most are there because it a job and if they dont get in they will try next door banking or some financial sector, no lost there..

I am not a lover of P2F.. but you have to accept it. its evolution. the world is getting tougher to survive and its dog eat dog... you may heard your fellow buddy a fresh cpl...saying i never turn to p2F or pay of type rating take his/her word with a pinch of salt. they have already sent CV to employers "i am willing to pay for type rating and start soon" hahaha