PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to reduce heavy maintenance labour by 60%
Old 7th May 2012, 07:00
emudodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do the "Rocket Scientist" think they are heading

For God's sake when are these idiots going to wake up? If as we all suspect mainline is making money, but by using what can only be called"False Accounting" it is holding afloat the orange cancer and being made to look as though it is bleeding heavily. Can they not see that by degrading the mainline operation to the point that it in fact does not make money, THEN THEIR ORANGE LOVECHILD WILL ALSO WITHER AND DIE AS THERE WON'T BE ANYTHIG TO KEEP IT AFLOAT. Jeez it ain't rocket science.

And as a side note I would almost bet part of my anatomy on the Domestic operation now being claimed to be underperforming (Guess What it's EBA time again) well according to those who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing, that is.

I'm past caring but I do have two lads working there and I fear for their future.

The whole industry started down the slippery slide when these accounto/business types got into the operation with no background in Aviation, no Avgas/Avtur in their veins and only focussed on their KPI's and short term bonus driven mantra's, wormed their way to the top and proved almost exclusively that they didn't have a clue.
Amazingly they almost all jump ship just prior to it going down and pop up in another operator they see as ripe for the picking. eg see how many ex AN people are now in JQ or QF happly heading in the well worn, well known path....some people just never learn.

It grieves me to see where the industry is at the moment as when I started in the industry in 1966 things looked so good...how they have changed, for the worse

I just hope that the incompetence at the upper echelons is recognized and cleaned out while there is still time to right the ship and get it back to it's glory days..........Rant Over