PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Amiri Flight Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 18:57
Amiri01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Stig,

I don't believe that there is an age "policy" as such. What I do know is that with the limitations on pilots aged 60 and over not being able to fly together, that management need to manage the recruiting at various times to ensure a spread of ages so that in the future, there is not a bunch of 60+yo pilots who can't fly together.

Consequently, it would seem that for the last couple of years, there has been a preference for the 35-50 yo age bracket.

However, I understand that there have been a number of pilots aged over 50 that have been invited for screening later this month, so the more "mature" applicants are now being more positively considered.

All I can say really is throw your hat in the ring. If you meet the experience and qualification requirements but still do not get an invitation for screening, then possibly you fall outside the "preferred" age range for that particular recruiting drive.

Sorry I can't be more specific but management will decide the age range preference and I am unlikely to be able to get that information to pass on.

Amiri01